Contract Administrator 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Contracts Administrator to join its team of qualified, diverse individuals who support the programs within Mission Control Systems Operating Unit (OU). The successful applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space ISR Systems contracts organization supporting the Mission Control Systems Programs OU in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities will involve the following:
- Proposal support including taking an active lead role in managing contract proposal volumes, supporting fact finding and the negotiation process.
- Participates in new business strategies, identifying and analyzing risks and implementing a risk strategy for bid decisions.
- Reviews and analyzes government or commercial solicitations to understand and all relevant contract issues
- Ensure proposals are fully responsive to prospective customer requirements.
- Provides direct contract support such as the review and approval of contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Maintain official program records, including contractual documents and correspondence with customer.
- Oversees contract performance by monitoring budget, compliance documents, schedules, deliverables and recommends actions to ensure mutually satisfactory performance.
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
The successful candidate will also be required to advise management of contractual rights and obligations and, as needed, provide interpretation of terms and conditions. This position interfaces with all levels of senior management and customer counterparts.
- Level 3 - Minimum experience is 6 years in contracts, subcontracts, and/or business management with Bachelor's;4 years in contracts, subcontracts, and/or business management with Master's.
- Level 4 - Minimum experience is 10 years in contracts, subcontracts, and/or business management with Bachelor's;8 years in contracts, subcontracts, and/or business management with Master's.
- Must be knowledgeable of the DOD contracting environment and have direct experience in working FAR, DFAR based contracts.
- SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top