Contract Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Contract Administrator 2/3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sunnyvale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Marine Systems business unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer interface activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Integral member of an supports the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) assigned.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and provides risk assessment and mitigation recommendations of customer Requests for Proposals and resultant terms and conditions, statements of work and specifications.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares/submits bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- Supports Contracts home room data calls and audit activities.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
Level 2: Three years related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; one year work experience with a master's or JD degree.
Level 3: Six or more years work related experience with a Bachelor's degree; four years work experience with master's or JD degree.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Demonstrated experience with high effective verbal and written communications.
- Good working knowledge of FAR/DFARs and contract types.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Recent experience as a Contracts Administrator in the defense industry, particularly, with the US Navy administering shipbuilding supplies/services contracts as either a prime contractor or subcontractor.
- Excellent working knowledge of FAR/DFARs; export regulations.
- Prior SAP experience.
- Active Security Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top