Contract Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Contract Administrator 2/3 to join our team of talented, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Maritime Systems business unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains contract files and historical information.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Level 2: 3 Years relevant business-related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; 1 Year relevant business-related work experience with a Masters or JD degree
- Level 3: 6 years relevant business-related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; 4 Years relevant business-related work experience with a Masters or JD degree
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience with highly effective verbal and written communications and presentation communication
- Fundamental knowledge of FAR/DFARS
- Experience with multiple contract types
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Recent experience as a Contracts Professional in the defense industry
- Proficiency and experience supporting sole source and competitive acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of FAR/DFARS
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman businesses, policies and practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top