Contract Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman Land & Avionics C4ISR Division is seeking a Contracts Administrator 2/3 to support the Global Ground Based Radar operating unit in Baltimore, MD.
One of the near-term projects will be supporting a high-visibility competitive proposal under which Northrop Grumman would be the prime contractor. The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with the program office and business team to hone SOW requirements to support a price to win, and to maintain a strong financial position through award negotiations.
The successful candidate will provide advice on a wide range of contractual and business topics supporting a fast-paced and multi-faceted business area. The candidate must possess the ability to think strategically to determine the impact of contractual and business decisions against a portfolio that includes both interrelated and independent programs.
The position responsibilities are:
- participate in contract administration, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and customer contact activities
- serve as an advisor to the program team on contractual and business issues by identifying and mitigating risk, planning and executing successful negotiations, constructing favorable contract terms and conditions including appropriate subcontract flow downs, achieving target profit margins and assisting the business in meeting/exceeding its goals and objectives.
- provide proper contract execution in accordance with company policies, legal, and contract requirements.
- review solicitations and provide analysis; prepare proposals; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyze report data; and maintain historical contract information in support of division and sector requirements.
Band 2: 3 years related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; 1 Year related work experience with a Masters or JD degree
Band 3: 6 years related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; 4 Years related work experience with a Masters
Both also require:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Demonstrated success in practicing highly effective verbal and written communications including presentations
- Experience with various contract types including Cost Reimbursable, Firm Fixed Price, and Fixed Price Incentive, as well as IDIQ contracts and non-traditional contract vehicles
- Recent experience as a Contracts Administrator in the defense industry.
- Prior experience using SAP
- Familiarity and experience conducting foreign military sales
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Strong working knowledge of the FAR, DFAR and other U.S. Federal Government contracting regulations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top