Consulting Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Resilient Open PNT Systems (ROPS) program is a new effort to respond to customer interest in a more open-standards approach to an Embedded GPS Inertial system located in Woodland Hills, CA. As it will be a high-priority, compressed-timeline, development effort, there is a need for a strong technical leader. In addition, the complexity of understanding and adapting current EGI-M program status and efforts, while protecting company IP, will pose additional challenges. This program will require development of advanced technologies, independent decision-making, and coordination with long-range strategic objectives.
What You'll get to Do:
• Lead the Woodland Hills Systems Engineering team for the ROPS program.
• Conceptual development for RF PNT systems and architecture.
• Design and implementation of tracking / filtering algorithms.
• Specification and oversight of hardware / firmware / software implementations.
• System test and verification.
• Design and oversight of prototype demonstrations.
• Presentation to internal and external groups.
• Support proposal activities.
• Represent Northrop Grumman at technical conferences and working groups.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience; M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 18 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in PNT with deep knowledge of RF systems as applied to PNT.
• Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
• Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering.
• The ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with high level Customers, along with demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, briefings, trade studies, proposals, and similar documents.
• Experience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead systems engineering activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures.
• Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of system architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer's operational needs at lowest cost.
• Experience with related timekeeping systems (e.g. oscillators, atomic frequency standards, frequency metrology) or RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare).
• Experience working Government-funded R&D programs.
• Proficiency with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL.
• Security clearance with current background investigation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top