Consulting Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Northridge, CA is currently seeking a Consulting Systems Engineer to support our Advanced Programs group.
The qualified candidate will p erform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Support the Advanced Programs Chief Engineer in the technical oversight of Advanced Programs IR&D and contracted efforts. Assists in the allocation and coordination of engineering resources over Advanced Programs portfolio of projects. Acts as liaison between engineering functional management and program management. Generates, manages and reviews technical and cost proposals for technology and product development pursuits.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and designs of advanced systems
- Develop architectures and concepts for autonomous systems and subsystems including flight sensors, flight computers, communications, propulsion, payloads and air vehicles
- Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that robust and compliant designs are developed
- Technical project management and leadership for small teams of cross functional engineers developing advanced systems designs and concepts
- Development of proposals for technology and product development
- Current active Secret clearance or higher.
- BS in Engineering (or related) discipline
- 20+ years' experience in systems and product development
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes.
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
- Secret Clearance Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of Low Observable technologies
- F amiliarity with syst em survivability analyses and methodologies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top