Consulting Systems Architect- Electronic Warfare
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is hiring a Consulting Systems Architect to provide mission critical technical leadership to programs that are central to current and future growth within the sector. This position is to be based in Baltimore, MD. Other NG sites and part time telecommuting will be considered for qualified candidates.The candidate will be a member of the Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering organization, responsible for the development of highly adaptive, software defined, hardware enabled systems. Candidates need to be self-motivated, systems thinkers that thrive in a multi-tasking environment and can work as part of a team to create program wins and help shape the future of electronic warfare and multi-function sensor systems at Northrop Grumman. This role will provide technical leadership and oversight to one or more programs in our Electronic Warfare and/or Radar portfolio of programs.
Typical Electronic Warfare Systems Engineers work on multiple tasks including but not limited to:
- Concept of operations development
- Systems documentation
- Algorithm development
- In depth data analysis
- Requirements generation
- Support of firmware, integration and test and software teams
This is an outstanding opportunity for an electronic warfare domain expert to provide top technical leadership on high visibility programs, be involved in the next generation development of emerging technologies, and have a platform to further develop as a subject matter expert and recognized resource throughout the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline with 20+ years of systems engineering experience (related to job description) 18+ years with a Master's Degree or 15+ years with a PhD
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience on classified government programs.
- Professional, hands-on experience on electronic warfare including experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP), performance modeling, and algorithm development
- Experience with embedded systems
- Leadership experience that includes developing and mentoring junior systems engineers
- Strong systems engineering knowledge to include demonstrated professional aptitude and thought leadership through the award of patents, trade secrets, publishing papers and/ or presenting at technical conferences.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Digital and VHDL firmware design
- Embedded software development
- Anti-Tamper experience
- Passive detection systems experience
- DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top