Consulting Radar Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Consulting Radar Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at the Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence (COE) located in San Diego, CA.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate high-level expertise in Radar subsystem design and post-mission analysis.
- Have strong people and technical leadership skills, with excellent 2-way communication and has previously demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as expert within the field. Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels. Design research and develop highly advanced new applications resulting in new product/business opportunities for the company.
- Serve as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements.
Specific tasks include: Coordinating with program IPT counterparts to meet program and organization objectives, providing technical direction to employees, helping to meet budget targets, identifying staffing needs, and ensuring team proficiency with required engineering processes and tools. The Consultant Engineer will also work across the COE & Engineering Directorates to build/maintain technical breadth.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). Approximately 10-25% travel will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 20+ Years of Engineering Experience with Bachelors in Science; 18+ Years with Masters; 15+ Years with PhD.
- Must have Radar experience within the aerospace or defense industry.
- Must have leadership experience to drive teams and troubleshoot complex program issues.
- Must have in scope active Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Expert-level understanding of the design, integration, and troubleshooting of advanced radar systems.
- Active Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most postions.
Back to top