Consulting Integration, Verification and Test Chief Engineer
As Chief Engineer for the Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) National Team Engineering (NT-E) Integration Verification Test (IVT) Product Team, perform System Engineering functions and lead technical development to successfully combine the individual parts of MDA Elements, Components, and Subsystems into one seamlessly integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). Specific knowledge in the following domains is necessary; System Integration and Integration Planning, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability, System Assessment and Test Design, Scenario Design and Certification, System Test Requirements, System Ground Test Requirements, System Flight Test Requirements, Target Requirements for Test, and System Test and Performance Analysis.
The IVT Chief Engineer is primarily responsible for engineering product(s) technical integrity, continuity and robustness to include meeting program established first time quality goals. Additionally, the Chief Engineer is responsible for concentrated and continuous staff, process and requirements development tool(s) improvements. The candidate will be required to interface with MDA's Directorate of Engineering (MDA/DE) and associated MDA Element two letter program offices to facilitate collaboration and technical concurrence, review technical disconnects and/or issues and negotiate resolution, while providing technical leadership across the NT-E as necessary. Active participation and engagement in the National Team Technical Review Board process is a must to ensure continued program, success.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
- Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and 20+ Years' of experience in Systems Engineering integration and test; or Masters in a STEM discipline with 18+ Years of experience; PHD in a STEM discipline with 15+ Years' of experience
- This position requires integration, test and verification domain development experience
- Active Secret level clearance.
- Previous prioritized technical leadership experience in the integration, verification and test domain is required.
- Experience in leading system engineering teams in integration trades, test requirements development and analysis is required.
- Leading the collaboration and approval of system engineering products through various internal and MDA engineering reviews and engineering milestone events (e.g., Key Test Points, Analysis Outputs Reviews) is required.
- A thorough and demonstrated understanding of the system engineering development process is required.
- The person must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work within a large diverse engineering team construct addressing a wide range of complex technical problems.
- Specific experience with one or more BMDS elements (e.g., DE, DV, DT BC, GM, TH and AB) and/or other complex weapon system development programs or capabilities is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top