Consulting Engr - Software Systems Architect
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Consulting Software Systems Architect at our Tucson, AZ facility to join the Advanced Programs team to develop complex, next generation, state of the art missile systems. You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting with customers, program management, cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists.
In this role as a Consulting Software Systems Architect, the selected candidate develops the architecture of software and hardware based systems. This position is a senior technologist with subject matter expertise in integrated software and hardware systems. The role includes technical planning, system development, integration, verification and validation; cost, risk, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, integration, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop advanced air vehicle architectures using scalable and open software architectures
- Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and designs of advanced systems
- Develop flight software architectures, designs and designs for integration and test of systems and subsystems including flight computers, signal processing, Guidance-Navigation-Control (GNC), and digital logic (firmware) devices
- Develop software architectures to control electronics, microprocessors, and digital logic (firmware) devices for prototype system for technology maturation as a precursor to full scale development contract
- Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that a robust and compliant designs are developed
This position will be home-based in Tucson, AZ, with 50% or more travel required to our Northridge, CA facility.
- Current active Secret clearance or higher.
- BS in Engineering (or related) discipline.
- 20+ years' experience in systems and product development
- SME in open systems and software architecture design and development.
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes.
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
- Secret Clearance Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
- Familiarity with MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDAO and other systems analysis methods and tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top