Consulting Engineer Systems
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Consulting Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Consulting Systems Engineer will be specialized in Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) / Spacecraft Charging.
The successful candidate will bring with them extensive knowledge of ESD design at the device and system level, along with solid knowledge of the characterization and measurement techniques used in ESD development. The candidate will provide technical expertise and PCAB engagement across multiple programs as it relates to ESD, review technical documentation and participate in technical meetings. The role involves working closely with diverse teams within Northrop Grumman as well as external vendors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead formal verification product development and mentoring in support of design sell-off against program Spacecraft Charging/ESD requirement
- Review and tailor Spacecraft Charging/ESD requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) design and qualification.
- Responsible for interpreting program Spacecraft Charging/ESD environments to identify antenna and solar array hardware elements which may require analysis or test to qualify
- Provide support and mentoring for test data analysis and interpretation, including presentation and defense of qualification efforts to customer and their technical contractors
- Formulate Spacecraft Charging/ESD test plans, coordinate test execution, and assist the program hardware/sub-system engineers in performing the post-test analyses required to demonstrate the hardware is either qualified or is in need of design changes
- Develop methods for mitigating charging of materials and structures from space environment electron flux.
- Maintain Spacecraft Charging/ESD technical continuity and support mentorship of existing employees
- Create test reports, procedures, control plans, and guidelines.
The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team; must be willing to travel occasionally to locations elsewhere in the corporation and/or customer site in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, and attend design review meetings.
Back to top