Consulting Embedded Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Software team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Consulting Embedded Software Engineer based out of Point Mugu, CA.
The AEA (Airborne Electronic Attack) Mission Systems team at Camarillo/Pt. Mugu is seeking a senior level software systems engineer to lead our Electronic Warfare (EW) programs, specifically for our EA-18G block enhancements performed on behalf of our Navy customer as part of a $700 M IDIQ contract. This position requires extensive knowledge of all aspects of EW and experience in integrating system enhancements at the platform level. This includes but is not limited to integrating next generation jammer systems, advanced receiver enhancements, communication counter measures systems as the technical lead for a team of highly experienced EW system and software engineers. The candidate may eventually assume the role of chief engineer and will provide technical advice to internal NGC leadership and our customer on our current project portfolio as well as in future strategic technology directions. This position offers the opportunity to recommend and participate in future enhancements in the areas of collaborative EW, system and software architectures and development methodologies, overall platform integration and interoperability.
The work we perform crosses sectors, sites and engineering disciplines. This will require a candidate with proven leadership skills and the capability to manage, lead and collaborate with large multi-site engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to position NGC's Airborne Electronic Attack team for the future, to defend and defeat against critical threats on behalf of our Navy Customer.
- 20 years of experience with Bachelors in a STEM field; 18 years of experiencewith a Masters in a STEM field; 15 years of experience with a PhD in a STEM field
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role on a large scale formal DoD program
- Proven ability to manage and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Demonstrated achievement in successful completion of advanced technology effort in the areas or SIGINT, Sensor Management, Jammer Management, Signal Processing, Electronic Attack, RADAR experience or Passive Detection Systems experience
- Experience in Embedded Software System Design and Development
- Large scale platform/system integration expertise
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of CMMI level 3 development process or higher
- EVMS CAM experience
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) - modeling and algorithm development
- Strong Mathematical skills
Back to top