Consulting Computer Systems Architect Processors for Superconducting
Northrop GrummanMission Systems is seeking an Systems Architect to invent a new family of computers from a new family of digital logic!
Northrop Grumman's Advanced Technology Lab is developing a new family of digital logic known as Reciprocal Quantum Logic (RQL). On a gate for gate basis, RQL consumes five orders of magnitude less power than CMOS while running at significantly higher clock speeds. Having demonstrated its performance with basic circuits, we are now developing processors, memories, and larger systems.
The Senior Architect will design ultra low power supercomputing processors and computers using RQL. The Senior Computer System Architect must have experience designing pipeline stages and data flow within a multi-core processor or high performance computer system. Experience in developing and implementing complex computing systems using state of the art approaches to high performance parallel processing is highly desired.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a research environment with constantly shifting priorities and requirements.
This role will be working directly with the customer in the creation, capture and execution of new programs in Transformational Computing. This role will be directly supporting the Transformational Computing director in the new business pursuits.
* Designing instruction sets and commands for a massively parallel high-performance computer system.
* Designing data flow pathways for moving data within a massively parallel system efficiently and reliably.
* Optimizing parallel computing architectures for optimal performance on purpose built machines.
* Designing arithmetic logic units for efficient pipelined processing.
* Interacting with customers, both internal and external, to convey architecture principles and concepts.
- Efficient and effective communication of design and architecture to digital designers for implementation, simulation and synthesis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant technology field with 20 years of relevant experience (18 years with an MS; 15 years with a PhD).
- Must be fluent in VHDL.
- Must be familiar with C and/or Matlab.
- Previous design experience is required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- The selected candidate may be required to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to use, configure, and manager a Cadence Design.
- Previous experience with entire design process, from design point through tape out through test and acceptance.
- A Master's Degree or a PhD in related field is highly desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top