Configuration/Data Management, Manager 1
- Dulles, VA
As a working manager, the hardware Configuration/Data Management (CDM) Manager will be expected to work on direct contributions to programs, while executing the leadership and management responsibilities of the position. The position reports directly to the CDM Department Manager, Configuration Analysis 3 and will work in close collaboration with all programs.
The position carries the following set of responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and supervision of day-to-day configuration data management activities and work products for 8 FTEs.
- Review and if needed perform the release activity of engineering change data to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Architect and transform current business practices to align with company CM standards and industry standard best practices.
- Support the updates to related command media operating standards.
- Set role and performance expectations, provide feedback and coaching, and growth opportunities for the CDM team.
- Ensure the right personnel, processes, and tools are in place to meet the business and project needs.
- Provide input and help manage department budget expenses.
- Support customer and internal audits of our QMS standards to maintain certifications and secure new contracts.
- Support NGC initiatives and lead continuous improvement activities within the CDM department.
- Assesses how proposed configuration/data management changes may impact systems sustainment and supportability.
- Drive cooperation within the CDM team to establish a cohesive culture of configuration data management excellence.
- Manage the critical skills required to perform the job and provide training for the users to ensure CDM standards are understood and followed.
- Support and provide CDM feedback to PLM and MRP working group teams.
- Responsible for performance management of the configuration management team.
- Bachelor Degree in STEM related field.
- 1 year of supervisory or lead experience with programs and/or personnel.
- 5 years' experience in hardware Configuration Management processes on product development projects for complex aerospace or defense systems.
- U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in achieving results through understanding and management of internal customer relationships, prioritization, and delegation of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the performance of diverse personalities, manage conflict, and administer performance improvement plans as needed.
- Maintaining the accountability of direct reports.
- Knowledge and skill in utilizing Microsoft Office Software Applications and in utilizing PLM and MRP systems.
- Capable of working in a high demand environment as an individual or team member.
- Motivated to set a high standard of work ethic for others to follow.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Knowledge and skill in utilizing Windchill PLM and Deltek/Costpoint MRP systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the various department/functions that use or are supported by Configuration/Data Management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top