We are seeking a Configuration Management Manager in Seaside, California. The position will support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC). The CM Manager will be responsible for coordinating the release process for the enhancements, operations, maintenance, and other activities associated with the PSA applications as well as leading a team of technical contributors.
The successful candidate will have strong configuration management, release management, project management skills and complete understanding of software development principles, concepts and techniques.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Oversees the execution and completion of the configuration and release management processes
Develops, implements, and tracks metrics to report performance and find solutions to streamline, improve throughput.
Work collaboratively with all entities involved in the project and collaborate with all project managers to ensure smooth coordinated releases; will serve as a liaison between our team, the customers and DMDC technical teams.
Prepares, develops and maintains the releases plan and schedule to meet all project objectives
Routinely tracks plans and schedules activities, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
Utilizes project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
Assist with the definition of strategic direction of various DMDC products
Assist in improving organization standards and guidelines.
Conducts presentations for customer meetings as required
Assists management with recruiting, facilitation of meetings, conferences, and travel
Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel
Manage a team of technical contributors; establish goals and measure results; provide guidance for training and other career enhancing activities.
- B.S. , M.S., and/or Ph. D and project management experience.
- Experience capturing, verifying and managing requirements and requirement traceability in support of product development, test and delivery
- Ability to analyze existing configuration management and release processes / procedures to identify possible refinements & enhancements
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- US Citizenship and an active Secret level security clearance.
- Active Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI.
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Experience with querying and analyzing data
- Software application development experience a plus, including familiarity with the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Jira and MS SharePoint
- PMP certification
- Previous experience managing a team of technical contributors
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top