Configuration Management Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 1 for the Configuration Management/Data Management (CM/DM) team.
This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
Typical roles and responsibilities include:
- People Leadership for an engineering organization, to include performance management, career development, and merit planning
- Provide project and technical oversight for CM/DM activities performed by the group
- Provide ownership of and direction to the CM/DM processes used in the group
- Support department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement and collaboration
- Program planning addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package
- Develop/update CM/DM processes, plans and procedures
- Provide guidance to engineering and programs regarding CM/DM requirements
- This position is also responsible for staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement and mentoring; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
Education: BS in engineering, logistics or related discipline,
Security: US Citizen able to obtain a US Secret Clearance
Experience: Prospective Candidate must have the following experience:
- 6 Years with Bachelors in Science; 4 Years with Masters; 2 Years with PhD
- Experience with development of or review of engineering drawings
- Understanding of System Engineering principles
- 8 yrs. (10 yrs. with MS degree) of progressive experience systems engineering
- 2 yrs. progressive responsibility in providing technical leadership
- Experience with ICBM sustainment and upgrade modifications
- Strong understanding of entire product lifecycle and engineering best practices
- Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top