Configuration Management Lead
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Configuration Management Lead to support the DSS program. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Configuration Management Lead will ensure the Configuration Management (CM) program contains lifecycle CM activities in support of all DSS computing equipment and software. Configuration Management plans are developed and maintained using industry best practices (i.e., ITIL). Maintain timely accountability of all configuration items and records and coordinate information with Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management. While utilizing automated methods of discovery to reconcile updates with baselines.
A successful candidate will provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Record, track, monitor, and update all configuration items, configuration settings, and all subsequent component configuration changes in the configuration management system.
- Conduct assessments and actively monitor computing environment to ensure compliance with specified in Configuration Management (CM) requirements and plan.
- Apply master data management methods to automatically reconcile manual updates and network discovery with the baseline.
- Maintain logical model of all Service Area devices and its relationships by identifying, controlling, maintaining and verifying installed hardware, software, and documentation (i.e., maintenance contracts, SLA documents, etc.)
- Document, track, and maintain up-to-date inventory of all computing assets and configurations to provide accurate information on configurations.
- Develop, update, and maintain the existing SOPs and best practices for tools and configuration management activities.
- Support developers in processing documentation for software releases in the CM repository. The contractor shall ensure configuration documentation properly aligns with DSS environment.
- Maintain accountability of all components/code comprising each DSS developed application/system and configured tools (ensure software provided to developers meets current production software for the application/system or reconstruct a configured tool.)
- Inform, coordinate, and document all modifications to existing and developing system(s) in conjunction with the appropriate DSS stakeholders.
- Ensure the Development, and maintenance of existing and future baseline documentation of each system, including system designs, build procedures, requirements documents, test procedures, problem reports, software code, and system knowledge base. Final documentation shall be approved by the Government.
- Ensure production baseline is maintained during system development and implementation lifecycle; participate in system development lifecycle gate reviews.
- Coordinate all change management activities and maintain enterprise situational awareness on all internal changes that have potential impact on DSS services.
- 10 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree (8 year with Masters). Four (4) additional years of industry experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 7 years of experience in configuration management
- Experience with Remedy BMC CCRM management applications.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
- ITIL v3 Expert
- CCMP certification
- Experiencing managing and executing the software build and release process
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security CE or equivalent)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top