Configuration Management Analyst 3 - TS/SCI - Redondo Beach, CA
Title: Configuration Analyst 3
Company: Northrop Grumman Corporation
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Travel Required: No
Relocation Assistance-eligible: Yes
Type: Fulltime, Direct-hire, Salaried, Exempt
Shift: 1st shift, condensed 9/80 shift schedule
Level: Mid/Sr. Level, 6 years' experience with Bachelor's, 4 with Master's
Security Clearance Required/Type: Yes, DoD Secret or Top Secret with SCI Access
Clearance Required to Start/Type: Yes, DoD Secret or Top Secret with SCI Access
Northrop Grumman Corporation, an Industry-leading Aerospace and Department of Defense (DoD) Contractor Company, is hiring a Mid/Senior Configuration Analyst within the Aerospace Sector, located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Configuration Data Management (CDM) personnel are responsible for managing the engineering baselines through Configuration Identification and Control, Data Management, Audits, and Configuration Status Accounting and Management.
In this role you will help to plan and coordinate preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. You will review contracts to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. You will analyze proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system, as well as coordinate modification records for management control.
As a level 3 you will be expected to possess a complete understanding principles, concepts, practices, and standards related to the job function. You will help develop solutions to complex problems, plan schedules and define overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. In a mid/sr. capacity you may be required to represent the organization as a prime point-of-contact and will regularly interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Establish change orders and prepare for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor
- Review and analyze engineering change data and coordinate the formal Release Process with engineering, quality, support, and manufacturing activities
- Utilize Program CDM tools and databases to retrieve and distribute documents for review; coordinate with appropriate review teams, as required
- Maintain the Configuration of all serialized/configuration tracked parts during PDM
- Participate in Configuration Control Boards and ensure Program CDM requirements are reflected in resulting engineering
- Identify, coordinate, and expedite action items in support of the CDM process
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 6 years' of combined experience in area(s) of engineering/manufacturing data management (logistics, procurement, contracts, etc.), configuration management, engineering documentation, technical writing, product data management (PDM), technical change management or product lifecycle management (PLM); Master's Degree can satisfy 2 years of professional experience requirement
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with diverse customers, including upper management
- Professional proficiency with MS Office applications Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) adjudicated within past 5 years
- Active Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI) access OR SCI eligibility
- Understanding of Baseline Management including: Project Management, Configuration Management, Data Management, and Change Management, ideally in aerospace, DoD or government fields
- Experience with ENOVIA Matrix, Clearquest or other PLM/PDM tools
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Bachelors in a Science, Technical, Engineering or Math (STEM) Discipline
- Experience in configuration management tools, practices, and procedures as described in MIL-HDBK-61A, Configuration Management Guidance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Configuration analyst documentation as-is as-built as-designed teamcenter PLM project lifecycle clearance dod aerospace aero space aero-space engineering design pdm product data management product lifecycle data management data analyst engineering configuration metaphase product lifecycle management as-planned DD250 Form 250 excel change management change control process change as designed as-delivered as delivered cdrl cdrls sdrl sdrls enovia matrix clearquest clearcase clear quest clear case
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top