Configuration Analyst 4 - Status Accounting
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This position will focus heavily on Configuration Status Accounting (CSA). The CSA will record and report information needed to manage configuration items (hardware and/or software), including records of the approved configuration documentation, identification numbers, status of proposed changes, deviations, and waivers. The CSA will have responsibility for CSA Reports, and will be involved in all portions of the requirements. A successful candidate will have knowledge of Manufacturing documentation, as well as reconciliation of manufacturing to engineering.
Other Essential Functions:
- Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met.
- Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
- Coordinates modification records for management control.
- Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor.
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must have 10 years of experience in configuration analysis
- Must have experience with Configuration Status Accounting, Reporting, and Report Processing, to include Engineering to Manufacturing reconciliation processes
- Must have experience with data and document management, to include requirements management, product/version control, and processing change requests
- Experience within an aviation, aerospace, and/or defense related environment is needed
- Must have 5 years of experience with MS Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must have 5 years of experience with Product Data Management (PDM) tools, or Configuration Management tools (example: Windchill, Teamcenter, CMstat, CMPRO, etc.)
- Candidates must possess a current DoD Secret level security clearance to include an original adjudication date, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, Special Program Access (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree, and 8 years of experience in Configuration Status Accounting and reporting, as well as hardware configuration management, data management, and change/release management, within a military aviation environment under MIL-HDBK-61B standards
- Teamcenter Unified experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and manufacturing documentation is beneficial
- Experience with release of Build To Packages (BTP) helpful
- Current SAP/SAR level clearance, or a DoD Top Secret clearance is desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top