Configuration Analyst 3 - Configuration Auditing
This position will focus heavily on hardware Configuration Auditing in a military aircraft environment. This position will not only facilitate government (or internal) audits conducted "in house", but it will also require the individual to develop baselines and preform supplier audits, as well. The Configuration Analyst will need to have a well-rounded understanding, and deep comprehension, of all aspects of configuration management to preform in this role.
Other duties: Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must have 6 years of experience as a hardware configuration analyst.
- Must have experience with all aspects of configuration, including configuration identification, change management, and configuration status accounting.
- Must have experience preforming configuration audits on hardware.
- Must have experience with documents management, requirements management, product/version control, and processing change requests.
Experience within an aviation, aerospace, or defense related environment is required.
- Must have 5 years of experience with MS Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Must have 3 years of experience with Product Data Management (PDM) tools, or Configuration Management tools (example: Windchill, Teamcenter, CMstat, CMPRO, etc.).
- Candidates must possess a DoD Secret level security clearance to start.
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, Special Program Access (SAP/SAR) level clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in a STEM related field, and 4 years of experience in configuration management, as an analyst, preforming hardware configuration, data management, and change management, within a military aviation environment under MIL-HDBK-61B.
- Experience with preforming configuration audits on software is a plus.
- Experience preforming audits at a supplier to include establishing a baseline, as well as hosting audits for government customers, is ideal.
- Teamcenter Unified experience highly desirable.
- Experience with release of Build To Packages (BTP) helpful.
- Current SAP/SAR level clearance, or a DoD Top Secret clearance is desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top