Configuration Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Configuration Management Analyst 3 to join us in transforming the future of technology. This position will be located in New Carrollton, MD.
The qualified applicant will become a part of Northrop Grumman's IRS Web Content Management System (WCMS) project which is an effort to provide new functionality and capabilities following the full software development lifecycle and agile development methodology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define Configuration Management (CM) Plan for the project, providing configuration and change management solutions for all project artifacts.
- Develop and maintain Project Level CM processes and procedures that align with IRS's Internal Revenue Manual (IRM) requirements.
- Implement configuration and change management solutions for all project artifacts and provide support to the system engineering, software engineering, and testing teams.
- Maintain and administer version control systems using Software Configuration Management Tools (GIT, ClearCase, Subversion, etc.)
- Administer and upgrade Software Configuration Management Tools
- Provide solutions supporting parallel development and facilitate product branching and merging activities.
- Build and configure software for IRS environments
- Control environment configuration and support software deployments
- Support development of Build Notes, Release Notes, and Version Description Document (VDD)
- Conduct configuration audits across the environments
- Coordinate, prepare, and conduct Configuration Control Boards, identify, monitor, and report on configuration
- Follow processes and procedures and identify and implement process improvements
- Manage Technical Data Packages from requirements inception to software deployment
- Prepare reports and briefings for both project members and the IRS
- Ensure compliance to NGC sector policy and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 yrs of software application experience OR Master's Degree and 4 years software application experience, an additional 4 years related experience may be substituted in lieu of Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of Software Configuration Management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with GIT, Jenkins, ClearCase and Subversion
- Must be able to obtain an IRS Moderate Risk MBI Clearance, US Permanent Resident Status for the last 3 years or US Citizenship required
- Previous experience in a CM Team Lead position
- Previous experience supporting applications deployed on Linux
- Previous experience supporting software builds using Jenkins
- Previous experience supporting continuous integration and nightly builds
- Previous experience with Agile Development
- Previous experience supporting Content Management System (CMS)
- Previous experience or understanding of Cloud Technology
- Experience with IRS ELC processes
- Current IRS MBI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top