Configuration Analyst 1
Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are in compliance. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities. Supports and prepares mthly metrics as required by program management.
- Associates Degree with 1-4 years working experience in data and change management processes, contract deliverables,submittals, tracking, dispositions, storage, and general process audits; baseline knowledge of configuration management and data management activities as defined by MIL-HDBK-61A and ANSI/EIA649.
- Have documentation experience in hardware configuration management to include the following:
- Establishing and managing HWCI data repositories and archive libraries
- Preparing, processing and controlling EOs/ECOs and change effectively and approvals.
- Schedule and administer CCBs and/or ERBs & TRBs.
- Processing engineering design documents through a release archive such as PDM/PLM
- Managing and controlling material IUID databases and customer application portals
- Collect process identified key metrics, analysis and subsequently present data to upper management for project review and efficiency trends.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and ever changing work environment with the ability to multi-task in an effective manner and have a critical eye for details, including numbers, format templates and standard processes.
- Attention to detail is a paramount skill set coupled with the ability to learn quickly, access databases to support tool applications, and evaluate new processes/procedures with minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively alongside various disciplines and functional groups, and manage internal and external customer/supplier requirements and expectations per the contract.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, communication, and the ability to mentor co-workers and other employees with a high level of confidence
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance after your hire date
- Certified to industry standards such as ANSl/EIA-649 & MIL HDBK-61A.
- Familiarity with and practical application of industry and MIL standards such as; ASME Y14.100, AS9100_C and MIL-STD-130
- Demonstrated experience in one or more the following disciplines:
- Data Management with C/SDRL submittals, tracking & metrics experience
- Design Database Management and archive libraries such as PDM/PLM
- Experience in the use with some of the following application and software tools:
- PDM or PLM
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & Power Point, etc.)
- Visio or Adobe Pro
- Business Objects/Metrics
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top