Configuration Analysis/Data Management Manager 2
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Configuration Analysis/Data Management Manager based out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
As part of Northrop Grumman's business focus area on Communications, we provide world-class communications with a range of capabilities spanning from quick reaction/urgent need programs to complex communication integration efforts.
You may work on one, or more, of these Programs: BACN (Battlefield Airborne Communications Node); JSF (Joint Strike Fighter); F22; JCREW (Joint Counter Radio Controlled IED EW). We are a leading supplier of airborne networks, providing flexible content delivery solutions for C2, ISR and disaster relief customers worldwide. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities, for this job, include: Providing CM/DM Leadership to Programs. CM/DM Process improvement. Leading a team of, highly skilled, exempt and non-exempt CM/DM Professionals. Planning and preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. Reviewing contracts to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. Analyzing proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinate modification records for management control. Establishing change orders and preparing change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinate changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing and engineering data control activities.
The ability to independently lead teams, creatively solve problems and add value is required to succeed in this job.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of practical hands-on experience performing CM/DM tasking.
- Experience developing solutions for complex hardware and software configuration management issues, as it relates to engineering problems.
- A working knowledge of CM standard practices and procedures, such as Mil-HDBK-61 and ANSI/EIA 649.
- Knowlegeable and practical applications in change management, part number identification & control.
- Ability to lead and support Internal and/or External Audits.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, communication, leadership, and mentoring skills and confidence to brief Leadership.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Attention to detail, coupled with the ability to learn quickly, assess and evaluate new processes/procedures with minimal supervision.
- Skills to create and deliver technical data packages and release and submit C/SDRL's, utilizing IDE Tools.
- Experience leading Teams, of up to 25 personnel.
- Certified to industry standards & familiarity with the practical application of industry and Standards, such as: ASME, Y14.100, ANME Y14.SM, and MIL-STD-130.
- Demonstrated experience in one, or more, of the following disciplines:
o Design Engineering
o Design Database Management
- Experience in the use of the following software tools:
o SAP and MRP
- Demonstrated expertise in these areas:
o Documented experience in hardware configuration management, through all phases of product and Project lifecycles to include:
• Establishing and managing HWCI data repositories
• Processing and controlling EO/ECO's and hardware effectivities
• Processing engineering design documents for submission for Procurement or Manufacturing
• Managing IUID databases
• Preparing Hardware Configuration Management Plans
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top