Conference Events Rep 2 (Redondo Beach, CA)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Conference Events Representative 2 position in Redondo Beach, CA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Directing, planning, and organizing internal and external business related functions, symposiums, conferences, program events, banquets, and VIP briefings.
- Developing on-site and off-site plans and budgets. Investigates, coordinates, arranges and contracts for major hotel accommodations and services, charter air and ground transportation, communications and facilities support, client and guest entertainment, passport and VISA clearances, program functions, and similar activities to support company marketing and customer relations.
- Directing multiple service contractors and subcontractors orchestrating large scale events supporting highest level company executives, international dignitaries and government officials.
- Position requires domestic travel (15% - 20%), may include some international travel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to include verbal, written and listening. Ability to work with vendors establishing budgeting requirements. Ability to work cooperatively with executive leadership and all levels of professionals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University.
- 3 years' experience in conference and events management, OR, Master's degree and 1 years' experience in conference and events management.
- Project management skills as well as MS Office skills. Need strong Excel skills required to provide budget reports and track vendor costs.
- Active Security clearance a PLUS.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top