Computer Systems Security Analyst 4 (Splunk)
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Computer Systems Security Analyst 4 with experience customizing, configuring and deploying Splunk to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Team providing support to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management division's Cyber Security Support staff performing Cyber Security Analysis for DOJ. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, engineer, configure and administer Splunk content
- Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, Loggers and connectors
- Integration of data feeds (logs) into Splunk. Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM's and correlation of events. Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
- Provides strategic support of Splunk integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Must understand, interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Will coordinate with other organizations (SOC/JSOC) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Security, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline and 9 years of experience or 14 years of IT experience maybe accepted in lieu of the degree.
- One or more years' experience with design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, or similar
- Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills and experience with interpreting requirements and implementing Use-Cases
- Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
- Position requires a current Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Security, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Additional education, training, and/or certifications such as Splunk Architect or Engineer, plus an advanced degree
- Thorough understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications.
- 5 or more years experience with implementation/support of Splunk
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top