Computer Systems Security Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Computer Systems Security Analyst (CSSA) to support the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) team with maintaining the information systems security program across multiple sites in Huntsville Alabama. The qualified applicant will have at least a cursory understanding of information systems security compliance requirements in classified computing environments.
This position, offers the opportunity to work with and learn from other information systems security professionals, industrial security counterparts, program and government security representatives, systems and network engineers and various other program personnel that all work together to ensure compliance with government and corporate information systems security policies, procedures and requirements.
The primary function of the CSSA level 2 role is to assist with the oversight of the ongoing verification that security compliance is attained and maintained. The CSSA level 2 supports this by verifying systems security configurations, participating in the development and maintenance of computer security education and awareness briefings, security incident investigations, and the development of various system accreditation documents such as; System Security Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Privileged User’s Guides, Plan of Action and Milestones, and Security Control Traceability Matrices.
A strong candidate will have great customer service skills, familiarity with DoD STIG’s, security compliance tools, auditing tools and performing system security audits and assessments but all are not requirements. The position requires critical thinking/analytical skills, creativity, with a focus on ethics, integrity, quality, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience, 0 years of relevant experience with a master’s degree
- At least one of the following certifications: Security CE, CAP, GSLC
- Active Secret Clearance
- One of the following certifications: CISSP, CASP, CISM, CASP CE, CSLC
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework
- Experience implementing and assessing DoD information systems security controls
- Experience with security hardening, assessment and reporting tools (SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, WASSP, Nessus, XACTA)
- Experience with security architectures, firewalls and network security controls
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top