Computer Systems Architecture Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Computer Systems Architect Manager in Engineering, Science, & Technology (ES&T) leading Cyber Engineers, Operating Systems Specialists and Network Engineering disciplines within the Central Region Engineering organization.
This position is responsible for providing the people, processes and tools to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the NGMS portfolio. This role will have responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, systems administration and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NGMS captures, programs, research and development. Responsibilities include; managing budgets required for the discipline to perform their statements of work; provide functional oversight across Central Region Engineering including bid and proposal inputs for future work, independent technical reviews of major programs and R&D projects as well as organizational budget management; establish and maintain the discipline specific processes and tools for NGMS programs; facilitate and promote Affordability, Knowledge Management, Engineering Utilization, and other process improvement initiatives including the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
The position is located in Huntsville AL with travel to company and customer sites required up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems Administration, Network Engineering, Systems integration, or Cyber engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Previous experience in People or Technical Leadership roles
- Working knowledge of Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, processes, and tools
- Must have proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
- Active secret clearance required
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 compliant certification (CISSP, Security+)
- Current, industry recognized computer / operating systems related certifications
- Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Back to top