Computer Systems Architecture Manager 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Computer Systems Architect Manager in Engineering & Sciences leading Cyber Engineers, Operating Systems Specialists and Network Engineering disciplines within the Central Region Engineering organization.
This role will have hands on responsibility for the development, design, implementation, application, training, systems administration and product support of state-of-the-art solutions in support of NGMS captures, programs, research and development.
Responsibilities include working technical tasks necessary for development and/or deployment of a defensive weapon system; as well as oversight and management of select staff, including day to day mentoring, approving time cards, approving minor expenditures, arranging for training for staff, conducting mid-year and end of year reviews, assisting with establishing employee personal goals, employee engagement, applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while changing traditional ways of doing business. It is anticipated that 80% of time will be technical work while 20% of time will be involved in management.
In this role, the ideal candidate will possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
The position is located in Huntsville, AL.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our
Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of technical experience in any combination of Systems Administration, Network Engineering, Systems integration, or Cyber engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring. Other experience will be considered/ evaluated.
- Previous experience in People or Technical Leadership roles
- Active secret clearance required
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Must have proven technical management experience preferably in either program IPT, R&D or Advanced Systems, technology, and/or functional environments
- Current DoD 8570 compliant certification (CISSP, Security+)
- Current, industry recognized computer / operating systems related certifications
- Experience effectively leading diverse technical teams across multiple locations
- Experience as a technical leader and visionary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top