Computer Systems Architect 5
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a PKI Systems Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support our Federal agency customer with their Public Key Infrastructure program. The position will be in Washington, DC. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Defines systems requirements based on client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, and platforms. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals through performance of a variety of complicated tasks and leads and directs the work of others.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted user communities and management.
- Install, configure new applications and apply application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and monitoring utilities.
- Provide Tier II and Tier III application support and service other support requests from various entities within the organization. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform periodic security and performance reviews and create reports for management review.
- Create and maintain operational, configuration, and other technical documentation. Documents or revises user and technician training manuals and procedures
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Hardware/Software installation, performing systems configurations, strong skills creating automated scripts for installation/configuration and network administration in program development labs and at customer sites.
- Perform system administrator duties such as patching systems, scanning systems for vulnerabilities (ACAS, NESSUS, SCAP and other related tools), hardening systems and applications to DISA STIG requirements, developing auditing strategies and participating in successful IS accreditations/inspections.
- Responsible for network and computer security and testing strategies, system recovery, and system troubleshooting. Plan for and maintain development networks, storage, COTS upgrades, virus definitions and collaboration tools, create and maintain user accounts.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 14 years of systems engineering experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Extensive experience working with cross platform networks consisting of Linux and Windows operating systems (Redhat, CENTOS, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10), VMware (ESXi, vCenter, NSX, Horizon, etc), and other server related technology such as network devices and load balancers.
- Must have working knowledge of PKI, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft IIS, SQL Server, SIEM products, and virtualized environments.
- Applicant must be able to thrive in a team environment with the engineering users and other systems administrators as well as work with other computer/facility support organizations and work well multi-tasking various related efforts.
- Must have good communications skills, both written and verbal and will be responsible for detailed documentation of all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance and willingness to undergo an FBI counterintelligence scope polygraph to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Understanding of PKI policy and PKI systems implementation and maintenance.
- Security , MCSE, and VCP certifications is highly desirable
- Current or recent FBI SCI access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top