Computer Systems Architect 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Computer Systems Architect 4 in the Engineering, Manufacturing & Technology (EM&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
This position will provide focused support to operating system and infrastructure development and deployment activities which include disciplines involving Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMWare/ESXi, and Networking.
This position will support multiple integration, test, and lab environment efforts. Responsibilities include integration activities of deliverable units, integration, test environments, and accreditation support to include SME coordination among software development, software integration, and test teams. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test networked systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Word on complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
- Support UNIX, Linux and Windows based networked systems
- Work with vendor support for software issues
- Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position including supporting Product installation and checkout at operational and test locations
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; or MS and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship required and must have a Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security+ CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
- Experience with Windows Server and Desktop or Linux
- Working knowledge of virtualization or VMware
- Solid understanding of patching and upgrades to remove or protect from vulnerabilities
- Experience with scripting Python, PowerShell, etc to produce automation of scheduled jobs and test cases to reduce labor intensive tasks
- Successful experience developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, testing and transition plans.
- Experience with Solaris 10 & 11
- Experience integrating COTS, GOTS and custom software in a security constrained environment
- Experience with accreditation activities (NISPOM and DIACAP)
- Experience with RMF compliance requirements
- Experience with compliance tools (ACAS/Nessus/SCAP) and the ability to implement security controls
- Experience with integration of Windows, Linux and cross-platform applications on various OSs
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top