Computer Systems Architect 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Computer Systems Architect 3 to join our Engineering Infrastructure team in Huntsville, AL., to support the development of products related to Northrop Grumman™s Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC). The candidate will be required to function as a Computer Systems Architect and also a Cyber Analyst due to the nature of the environment.
Configure, administer, and maintain multiple Redhat Linux and Solaris servers/workstations.
Perform patch updates and configuration updates to all systems.
Implement RMF controls on Redhat and Solaris systems.
Work with the infrastructure team to establish monitoring, backups, and logging procedures for all environments.
Experience with UNIX and Linux systems administration.
Ability to develop work instructions and procedures for configuring and maintaining all systems.
Conform to a dynamic environment and provide fast response to unexpected problems and be proactive with solutions.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position™s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors Degree with 5 years of related experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Active/Current DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Redhat systems administration.
- Prior work experience in a secure IT or Engineering environment.
- Current 8570 Certifications (CISSP, CompTIA Security+, reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through.
- Ability to work both independently as a self-starter and with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Travel will be around 25% to the fielded locations in Alaska and California.
- UNIX and Linux vendor certifications
- Previous experience as an computer systems analyst or systems administrator
- RMF implementation experience
- Experience with the Ground Based Midcourse Defense program
- Experience with installing and configuring Linux and Unix systems
- Documentation skills to create work instructions or procedures
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top