Computer Systems Architect 2/3
NG is looking for an Operating System & Infrastructure Development Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join the Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD) Battle Command Systems (IBCS) Program. This position will provide focused support to operating system and infrastructure design and development activities and IBCS Labs & HW integration activities. This position includes disciplines involving custom operating systems and infrastructure development, Information Assurance (IA)/Security, Automation, Virtualization, and Labs & HW/Infrastructure.
Additionally, this position will support multiple integration, test, and lab environment efforts as part of the IBCS SE&I Labs & HW organization. Responsibilities include hardware and software, operating system infrastructure level design, development and integration activities of deliverable units, integration, test environment, and accreditation support to include SME coordinating among software development, software integration, and test teams.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a level 2 or 3.
Basic qualifications for a level 2:
BS STEM degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other similar discipline with a minimum of 2 years of related experience; and additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Basic qualifications for a level 3:
BS STEM degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; and additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Basic qualifications for a level 2 and 3:
- Mid to Senior level systems design and administration experience in Linux (RHEL) or VMware.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must obtain Security with CE within first 90 days of employment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Active Interim Secret Clearance
- Computer systems engineering or administration experience; designing, implementing and maintaining and diagnosing lab and tactical computing systems
- Knowledge of standard system engineering processes and procedures
- Experience with one or more of the following: Operating system design and development; software development; HW or SW integration; field test integration and support; customer support and training; requirements analysis and decomposition; test procedure development; technical writing experience; and formal software testing.
- Experience integrating COTS, GOTS and custom software in a security constrained environment
- Experience with accreditation activities (NISPOM and DIACAP)
- Experience with technical activity for design, integration, test, and delivery of technical products.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top