Computer Systems Analyst 4
Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms. Managing networks to include (switches, routers, and firewalls). Manages and maintains a smooth operation of workstations while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site. Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems. Develops customized solutions to customer/user problems. Establishes system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies. Works under only general direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions. Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the
performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management. Performs weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed. Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID
6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years computer Linux/Unix System Administration experience (13 years of related experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree).
- Networking Experience to include maintaining (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Current DOD TS/SCI/Poly clearance is required for this position.
- US Citizenship is required.
- DoD 8570 training and certifications Security certification
- Network Certification
- Red Hat Linux Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top