Computer Systems Analyst 4
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
The United States Army Information Technology Agency (USAITA) provides, manages, operates, and maintains Information Technology (IT) shared services for the Pentagon and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR). In order to fulfill this mission, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Computer Systems Analyst 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Pentagon in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Official Information Exchange program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform operations and system administration tasks for both large and small scale Enhanced Communications Gateway Systems
- Administer the ECGS/Mailroom Profile libraries and Message Center folders to include creation and maintenance of custom profiles as required to support advanced message filtering requirements on both large and small ECGSs.
- Monitor both the National Gateway Large ECGS and all small ECGSs supporting Organizational Messaging and email interfaces to ensure that messages are being processed.
- Identify, analyze and resolve problems of all configured ECGS serial circuit communication ports, message routing database tables, Plain Language Address (PLA) databases tables, application specific configuration database tables, and all Mailroom Profiler selection, restriction and dissemination profiles.
- Monitor local and remote distributed applications, host Windows Operating Systems, network connections and Protogate serial-network communication [i.e., Automatic Digital Network (AUTODIN) Mode-I, Mode-II protocols] subcomponents including the use of protocol analyzers and oscilloscopes to ensure the continued successful processing of messages between each ECGS and all connected remote stations.
- Support provisioning and testing of new point-to-point or dial-in STE connections to the ECGS systems as required.
- Support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) functional accreditation testing of ECGS hardware or application updates as required. Provide message volume in support of Monthly Metric collection.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's with 9 years of experience or a Master's with 7 years of experience, or 13 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Northrop Grumman's ECGS/MailRoom operations and administration
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 administration
- MSSQL 2008R2/2012R2 administration, including backup
- Active Directory design and implementation
- IIS administration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows clustering
- SAN operations and maintenance
- Security updates in compliance with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) policy
- Security certification
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have an active Top Secret clearance
- Backup/disaster recovery best practices
- Scripting language (VBScript, PowerShell, Cscript, etc.) knowledge
- TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency in operation and maintenance of Secure Terminal Equipment (STE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top