Computer Systems Analyst 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Computer Systems Anal to support the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communication Network (GCN) Product Development Team with Network Management Systems, Information Assurance/Communications Network Defense, and Network infrastructure product development.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, and implementation and support through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new software support capabilities; design of software, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures to meet and mitigate requirements; implementation of software and database applications, and other network management/information assurance tools; and integration, documentation, and testing of software development artifacts.
Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test of COTS applications and operating system software on networked UNIX, Linux and Windows based systems
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues
- Support systems across a LAN/WAN architecture consisting primarily of CISCO infrastructure hardware
- Work with vendor support for hardware issues
- Approximately 25% travel
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- BQs for a Computer Systems Analyst 3: a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- BQs for a Computer Systems Analyst 4: a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must possess at a minimum, a SECRET clearance
- Must obtain Sec certification once hired
- Practical experience with networked systems, computers, storage systems, network routers and switches required.
- The position requires previous experience in the integration of separate software components into a single system.
- Strong technical skills in the following are required:
- Experience integrating applications on Unix/Linux and/or Windows OS platforms
- Experience with Linux and Windows system installing and configuring systems from the OS level up
- A demonstrated history of contributing to the execution of large-scale technical projects
- Sec w/CE Hours Certification
- Detailed knowledge of network management technologies/trends, to include SNMP v3, NetFlow, RMON, the HP OpenView and Network Node Manager Products, NetScout, etc.
- Superior analytical & problem-resolution skills, with attention to details
- Current, industry recognized Certifications associated with Linux, UNIX, Windows, Cisco, ITIL and/or ITSM
- Good system troubleshooting skills
- Skilled in software integration planning and execution
- Experience writing installation manuals – able to write clear, concise system installation and configuration instructions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top