Computer Systems Analyst 3 (Linux-Unix)
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux/Unix Computer Systems Analyst to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Redondo Beach, CA.
Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms.
- Manages and maintains a smooth operation of workstations while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site.
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Works under only general direction
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Knowledge of ICD-503 and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, DISA STIGs
- Assists with other programs.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years computer Windows/Linux System Administration or 9 years computer Windows/Linux System Administration.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Active TS/SCI Clearance is required to start
- DoD 8570 training and certifications (Window/Linux server training and/or Security certification)
- Red Hat Linux, Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Project Server
- Network certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top