Computer Systems Analyst 3 - Linux
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a Linux/Unix Computer Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team of technical professionals at our Linthicum (BWI), MD location. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Design, test and implement secure Linux (Redhat) servers.
- Experience with compliance tools (ACAS/Nessus/SCAP) and the ability to implement security controls.
- Experience with RMF, DCID 6/3 and ICD503 compliance requirements
- Solid understanding of patching and upgrades to remove or protect from vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Windows and Linux integration.
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows server and desktop.
- Develop customized solutions to customer/user requirements. Ensure hardware and software compatibility and project computer capacity and capabilities
- Provide day to day support for development staff.
The following are minimum qualifications for this position. All must be satisfied to be considered:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a technical position supporting server environments. An additional 4 years of directly applicable experience may be considered in lieu of the completed degree.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Current Security certification
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- Travel may be required
- US citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Understanding of basic networking; Cisco experience/certification
- Cross-platform experience (i.e., 3 or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.)
- Windows VMWare, LDAP, and AD experience and knowledge of TSM storage systems
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
- Experience with C&A process
- DoD 8570 Certification in primary OS (Linux)
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top