Computer Systems Analyst 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Business Systems Integration (BSI) team at Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Computer Systems Analyst 3 based out of Palmdale, CA.
The BSI team bridges the gap between the business side of operations (day to day system users) and the Information Technology (IT) department. The team also manages the sector's current and future portfolio of IT projects which includes budgets, schedules, and risk management. In addition, we have recently taken on the large task of implementing the Integrated Digital Enterprise, which will revolutionize the way NG does business.
The ideal candidate must be able to effectively communicate technical principles, theories, and concepts as well as develop innovative solutions to technical issues; demonstrate exceptional customer support skills; work well in a team environment and be able to complete assignments with minimal management supervision; effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment; and be able to learn new computer applications.
- Gather, analyze and document user requirements, procedures, and/or problems to improve existing systems
- Collaborate with business partners to develop solutions and correct system deficiencies
- Test solutions to ensure optimal system functionality
- Monitor integrated system interfaces for errors and address as necessary
- Draft & publish instructional materials and provide system training
Occasional travel may be necessary (up to 15% of the time).
- Must have a minimumof Bachelor's Degree in Science related field with 5 years experience in Program Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering capacity; or Master's degree with 3 year' experience in Program Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering capacity.
- Must have prior experience leading or supporting large scale system process implementations
- Must be willing and able to travel on short notice
- Must be willing and able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours (including weekends) if necessary
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access and Visio
- US Citizen with active DoDSecret level Security Clearance
- Computer Science or related Technical Degree preferred
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry or working on Defense Acquisition programs
- Understanding of hardware and software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top