Computer Systems Analyst 3
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Melbourne FL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology Classified Services support team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, wan and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of computer hardware and software interconnection.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, elevation and interconnect diagrams.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for computer equipment.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Available for 24/7 support when needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators and computer/facility organizations.
- Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, Linux servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years of computer Windows/Linux System Administration experience or 10 years of computer Windows/Linux System Administration experience.
- Active Top Secret Clearance.
- DoD 8570 training and certifications (Window/Linux server training and Security certification or higher).
- Experience with Red Hat Linux, Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Experience Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Project Server.
- Network certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top