Computer Systems Analyst 3
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, Ca. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ability to apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms. System Administrators are responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining multi-purposed servers, as well as responding to and planning for service outages.
Administration of classified Windows systems within strict security policies and procedures
- OS installations and network configurations on servers and workstations
- Defining, understanding & implementing computer lab requirements
- Perform technical research leading to solutions for system or software limitations
- COTS SW installation, configuration and maintenance (to include first-level application support for users)
- Creating accurate, detailed technical procedures & installation instructions
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as required.
- Performs weekly system checks for Antivirus, logging, and verify network system services.
Ability to backup and restore selected servers supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms. Manages and maintains a smooth operation while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site. Design and develops server disaster recovery strategies. Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing software and hardware solutions. Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management. Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical position supporting server environments. An additional 4 years of directly applicable experience may considered in lieu of the completed degree.
- Familiarity with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- DoD 8570 training and certifications and/or Security certification
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (OS, network, hardware, email)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- Experience with Risk Managed Framework (RMF)
- VMware virtualization experience
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills
- Active Secret clearance having periodic review within last 5 years
- Understanding of basic networking; Cisco experience and/or NetGear equipment
- Cross-platform experience (i.e., 3 or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.)
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment, use of PowerShell scripts
- Working knowledge of storage technologies such as storage area network or network-attached storage
- Certification in related OS (MS Windows)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top