Computer Systems Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst 3 in the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in one of our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
This position will provide focused support to operating system and infrastructure development and deployment activities which include disciplines involving Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMWare/ESXi, and Networking.
These positions will support multiple integration, test, and lab environment efforts. Responsibilities include integration activities of deliverable units, integration, test environments, and accreditation support to include SME coordination among software development, software integration, and test teams.
This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test networked systems primarily consisting of ESXi, Linux and Windows
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
- Support VMWare, Linux and Windows based networked systems
- Work with vendor support for software issues
- Travel expectation at its peak will be 25%, but that will not be a consistent amount. Travel required for supporting Product installation and checkout at operational and test locations
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; Masters and 3 years or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- System Administration experience with one or more of following: VMWare ESXi, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows, or Microsoft Server
- Programming/Scripting experience or education
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must hold Security+ CE certification
- Strong problem solving skills
- Software development experience
- Experience integrating COTS, GOTS and custom software in a security constrained environment
- Vast experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and bash scripting
- Experience with technical activity for design, integration, test, and delivery of technical products
- Current/Active Secret Clearance
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top