Computer Systems Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Baltimore MD area.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Able to communicate effectively within the organization, occasionally with other organizations or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Assist with the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary system administrator assignments are completed.
- Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Assist with backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Assist with testing new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Assist with development and documentation of technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Research recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Support meetings/discussions with vendors; assist with evaluation of vendor products/services, making valuable suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Assist with preparing security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under direct supervision of tasks and duties.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of relevant experience or 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Windows Operating Systems support.
- Basic PC hardware repair.
- Current Security CE certification.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Currently Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
- Windows Server management.
- Cisco experience/certification with current models.
- Linux experience/certification with current versions.
- VMWare experience with current versions.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Windows/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570/8140 Certification in primary OS (Windows).
- Currently Active Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top