Computer Systems Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of
technical professionals in Baltimore MD.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems Security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
- Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Reports project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical position supporting server environments or 6 years of experience in a technical position supporting server environments.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment.
- Current Security certification.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- DoD Secret Clearance required.
- Understanding of basic networking; Cisco experience/certification
- Platform experience (Windows).
- Windows VMWare, LDAP, and AD experience and knowledge of TSM storage systems.
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with C&A process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in primary OS (Windows).
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top