Computer Systems Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman has a job opening for a Computer Systems Analyst 2 for the Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E). Work is primarily performed at Fort Lee. SAMS-E allows the U.S. Army to manage it vast inventory of vehicle and repair parts at a high rate of readiness. SAMS-E modernizes and provides the following functions:
- Automated unit level maintenance, supply, and readiness reporting functions
- Day-to-day weapon system and sub-component readiness status
- Maintenance and related repair parts information
- Supports the transition to the Field and Sustainment Maintenance concept (Two- Levels of Maintenance)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of developmental and baseline environments.
- Must be capable of managing the servers, which typically involves installing and upgrading the servers, as well as solving any kind of problems with the systems.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business/computer systems. Monitors and supports computer processing.
- Coordinates input, output, and file media.
- Distributes output and controls computer operation.
- Maintains maintenance contracts and warranties.
- Does IAVM & STIGS management and testing.
- Update Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS) control families.
- Provide hardware and executive software life cycle evaluations and recommendations, the analysis of problems and development of solutions, and resource impact analysis.
- Developing and updating executive software code, integration of COTS software.
- Supports developmental and user testing to include correcting Problem Reports, provide SAMS-E Level III technical customer assistance.
- Develops, impacts, and implements Engineering Change Proposal-Software and Hardware. Provides the necessary updates and interfaces that are required for technology and security refresh and transition systems to state of the art
communication systems, operating systems and hardware.
- Must be capable to interpret ACAS scan results and recommend best
Course of actions for implementation.
- Must provide the essential software support for the laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, testing new software and designing the structure of the network.
- Must be capable of monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log.
- Must be capable of testing the operating system software, the networking software and also the computer hardware.
- Must be capable of monitoring and developing the procedures for backups of the servers. Stays abreast of changes in operating environments and maintains required Information Assurance and Computer Environment Certifications.
- 2 years and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering, Technical discipline or 6 years of experience with appropriate certifications in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3) years of experience programming information systems.
- Experienced in Windows operating systems (Windows client 7, Server 8) third/fourth generation and state of the art equipment.
- Knowledgeable with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS)
- Knowledgeable of AGM, DIACAPS, Security Scans, ACAS, SCAP, Nessus, AGM, Symantec tools, accreditation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Windows networks/systems.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SECRET Security Clearance.
- IA level 2 certification such as Security with directly related computing environment certification.
- Knowledgeable of Oracle 11g
- Must have completed Microsoft Specialist Windows 10 Certification Level II
- Previous SAMS-E experience preferred.
- Approved Microsoft Computer Environment Certifications as required.
- 1 year of experience Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMAS)
- Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) Computer- Based Training (CBT)
- Active Secret clearance
- Current Information Assurance training and certification per DoD 8570.1-M, Change 2, and the Army IA Training and Certification Best Business Practice.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top