Computer System Security Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Computer Systems Security Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK. The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman team of professionals who are actively supporting computer operations for an avionics test and development laboratory.
The candidate hired for this role will work in classified operations supporting a large variety of computing systems, and will employ a wide range of solutions to resolve security requirements in support of Department of Defense programs. This is a highly collaborative role that partners with and supports a diversely-skilled systems engineering and administration team. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers, administrators, information security, developers, and end-users to design, test, and implement secure operating systems, networks, and database products.
- Assist in the development and implementation of government approved information security procedures and system security plans for the operation of networked and standalone classified computers systems, as well as coordinate government agency approvals
- Perform information system hardening configurations in accordance with JSIG, DISA STIGs and customer standards;
- Analyze and evaluate results of security and vulnerability scans, pilot applicable remediation manually or via remediation tools, evaluate for performance impact and take corrective actions, develop and implement plan for large scale remediation
- Implement continuous improvement of security posture and system hardening
- Ensure server, desktop, and application compliance with security and performance requirements
- Run periodic system self-inspections/testing, audits, conduct media reviews and comprehensive investigations of computer security incidents, coordinating with other organizations for expertise as needed
- Develop, revise and maintain technical and operational documentation; provide inputs for periodic POA&M reports
- Employ change management best practices to ensure ongoing customer engagement, communication and performance Track and manage system level changes, report problems and plan outages
- May provide daily system administration/maintenance support on Windows, Linux, and UNIX-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer technology related field and minimum 2 years of computer support experience; or 0 years' experience with a Master's. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, 6 years of computer support experience in an enterprise environment may be considered.
- 2 years' experience troubleshooting Windows and/or Linux systems
- Familiar with Windows and/or Linux administration, configuration and optimization
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux hardening technologies
- Experience with applying controls to Windows and Linux operating systems and applications in accordance with RMF, JSIG and DISA STIGs
- Security CE / CISSP certification to comply with 8570 requirements; or willingness to obtain within 3 months of employment
- Must possess a DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience in scripting using PowerShell, Python or Bash
- Strong knowledge of other legacy and or mainframe operating systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Working knowledge of system update management WSUS, Satellite, SCTM, KACE
- Relevant system security certifications such as CASP, CEH, CISM, etc.
- Relevant Windows/Linux/Unix certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top