Computer Support / Customer Call Center 1
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We have an immediate need for a Computer Support/Customer Call Center 1 position in Dayton, Ohio.
In this position, you will perform a variety of duties in supporting the Air Force Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS) project. The Analyst supports both REMIS Enterprise production and development environments.
- This is an hourly position to work on 3rd shift, which may include working any day of the week.
- Works under the supervision of the System Management Center (SMC) Supervisor.
- Possesses knowledge of electronic data processing, communication principles and operating techniques.
- Knows basic system functions and designs.
- Possesses knowledge of computer operating practices, including record keeping, and the ability to maintain a steady workflow through the computer system.
- Possesses knowledge of storage media library procedures and operational inventory control.
- Must be able follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to support a 24x7 x365 shift coverage environment.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
- Operates REMIS Enterprise ( Unix, Linux, and Windows) in a large heterogeneous computing environment.
- Operates computer systems to include the computer console, related communications and peripheral components.
- Initiates the processing of programs by entering operating systems commands through the main computer console and network PC's.
- Loads appropriate tapes and disk units for daily system backups.
- Reassigns processing system components as necessary to maintain a steady flow of work through the system.
- Monitors telecommunications and file transfer capabilities for transmission and initiates corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Performs level 1 and 2 customers support.
- Monitors and executes batch processing.
- Applies standard corrective measures to system and equipment discrepancies.
- Maintains records on work performed and prepares a variety of reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Creates and updates Operations Wiki procedures as required and publishes.
- Consequence of errors, problems or adverse conditions frequently occur within the work environment and can result in major/minor service disruptions. Individuals must be able to thoroughly troubleshoot using available tools to capture errors and background information.
- Coordinates with internal Northrop support and Air Force support for problem resolution.
- Coordinates with all interfacing systems maintaining a steady workflow.
The selected candidate must obtain IAT certification within 6 months of hire. The IAT certification must be either Security , Network , A or CASP.
- Associate's degree in a computer or related technical field plus 0 years of experience, or 2 years of relevant experience without a degree.
- Experience in the operation of computer systems including the main computer console and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to analyze data to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribed action(s).
- Ability to obtain IAT certification within 6 months of hire. IAT certification must be either Security , Network , A or CASP.
- US citizenship; must be able to obtain a successfully adjudicated SSBI clearance as required.
- Current, active Secret clearance
- BS degree and/or completed college coursework in computer related discipline
- Sun, Linux, Windows servers, Help desk and any Customer support, NetBackup experience.
- CompTIA certified (A , Security , Network , CASP , etc.)
- Candidates local to Dayton, Ohio
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top