Computer Operations Support Analyst 2 (18-082) (18-217)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
We are seeking a Computer Operations Support Analyst 2 to help support a the C2BMC program located in Colorado Springs, CO at Schriever Air Force Base.
What You'll Get to Do:
- The selected candidate will be part of a team that reports to the C2BMC Watch Officer (CWO) and performs daily system monitoring, operations and maintenance of the C2BMC systems in a 24x7 operations and test environment.
- The candidate will provide first level technical support to the warfighter and perform initial troubleshooting of all local C2BMC hardware, software and networks.
- The candidate will document and report all events/issues to the CWO and receive tasking and direction from the CCC for all operations, test & real world events.
- The candidate will also assist in all hardware/software installations as directed by the local SMEs and create and maintain user accounts per Cyber policies directed by the local ISSO.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Shift assignments include the Operations floor and/or The Distributed Training System (DTS).
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
What Qualifications You Will Have:
- 2 years of work related experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 6 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security + CE, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Experience with operations and maintenance of large-scale computer and communications systems/networking environments.
- Experience in system and/or network administration (UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco and/or Juniper).
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software components.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Active Secret clearance is required
- Desired Skills: Experience and knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense Systems
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top