Computer Operations Engineer/Analyst
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Computer Operations Engineer/Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Service Program. This program provides USPS Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the USPS enterprise.
This position will be located in Merrifield VA and is part of a team that performs full lifecycle IV&V for existing and upcoming retail systems being supported and/or acquired by the USPS Engineering Delivery & Retail Systems. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with hardware and software. They should also be able to analyze and test hardware/software for technical issues and report the findings and provide necessary support to resolve.
- Work with the USPS Retail lab lead, the lab analyst/testers, the USPS Retail managers and USPS Engineering team members.
- Support lab equipment hardware by replacing broken peripherals such as scanners, scales, printers, customer displays, clerk displays etc.
- Validate systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
- Identify, analyzes, and report hardware/software support deficiencies.
- Install, update and maintain the IV&V lab servers and associated Quality Assurance lab;
- Support point-of-sale stores hardware (in a lab environment) running on POS Ready 2009 (XP), Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems;
- Support infrastructure updates including virus patterns, Microsoft Security and maintenance patches;
- Support image testing and trouble-shooting with other internal and external technical teams.
- Maintain and install necessary hardware and software upgrades without service interruptions
- 6 years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree, OR 4 years of experience and a Master's Degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (US Citizenship or Green Card status required) Must not have travelled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) within the last 5 years
- Must be familiar with Personal Computing hardware and software
- Experience with Operating Systems (OS), Windows Server 2003, Windows 7 and Windows 10 64-bit
- Experience using a command line interface for navigation in Windows environment
- Working knowledge of OS details like Registry, Log files, File structures to support installations
- 3 years experience with software and hardware installations/upgrades to include patches and scripts
- Experience with replacing/installing Personal Computer hardware/software
- Must have experience with Active Directory including creating and maintaining user network accounts
- Must be able to follow through when given a routine task and make the task their own
- Must have good oral and written skills
- Must be able to be flexible and work on multiple tasks
- Eager to learn.
- Critical thinker.
- CompTIA A certification
- Network certification
- Experience with Escher Retail Systems Software Riposte.
- Familiar with point-of sale hardware: Retail CPU, Cash Drawer, Multi-Purpose Receipt Printer, Scale, UPS, Postage Label Printer, Touch Screen, Customer Display Unit and Scanner
- Experience with POS READY 2009 (XP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top