Computer Operations Analyst 2
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Computer Operations Analyst 2 to support our Information Systems – Information Technology department in our Carpinteria, CA, facility.
Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enabled complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully deployed on hundreds of space missions with 100% successful missions in space.
The Computer Operations Analyst 2 will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze, document, and report computer processing abends and problems. Determine cause, assess alternative solutions, implement corrective actions, and monitor to avoid recurrence.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain IS-IT department operating procedures and systems to ensure effective problem-solving operations
- Maintain control of software and hardware change implementations. Coordinate changes with applicable personnel to ensure proper utilization of CPU resources, channel I/O completion, peripheral devise, DASD and network environments.
- Provide network, computer, and equipment problem resolution support to improve customer satisfaction in reliability, availability, and cost of service
- Organize and coordinate IS-IT department tasks and personnel to ensure effective problem solving operations across the enterprise
- STEM BS with two (2) years' experience in Information Systems - Information Technology OR
- MS in Computer Engineering with one (1) years' experience in Information Systems - Information Technology
- US Citizenship required
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Engineering
- Two (2) to five (5) years' experience working as a Computer Operations Analyst in an Information Systems - Information Technology department for an Aerospace company
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top