Computer Network Defense Analyst 2 (18-184)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
We are seeking a Computer Network Defense Analyst 2 to help support a the C2BMC program located in Colorado Springs, CO at Schriever Air Force Base.
What You'll Get to Do:
- The Computer Network Defense Analyst (CNDA) is responsible for implementing and enforcing national, DOD (8500.01,6510, etc.), and MDA security policies and directives.
- The CNDA is responsible for continuous network security monitoring, intrusion detection, and incident response actions to defend the C2BMC component of the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET) and C2BMC mission systems and services.
- Develops a network defense visibility display and directs/executes time sensitive adjustments to the network security posture to minimize or counter operational risk.
- The CNDA collects stores and presents data and metrics for use by senior leaders to conduct Operational Risk
Management (ORM) decisions on the network security posture and perform proactive security functions established to assist BMD organizations in deterring, detecting, isolating, containing, and recovering from information system (IS) and network security intrusions and mitigating known network vulnerabilities.
- The CNDA operates and administers the BMD provided computer network defense suite of tools, to include firewalls, correlated log analysis, intruder alert and related services to protect BMD COMNET infrastructure and information services from internal and external threats.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements. Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
What You Will Bring:
- 2 years of work related experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 6 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security + CE, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Active Secret clearance is required
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the usage of an array of network and information security tools - Knowledge of modern computer systems, client/server, LAN/WAN and Network concepts, modern network management and monitoring concepts
- Ability to recognize known worms/viruses based on their signatures - Ability to recognize network intrusion events and to differentiate false positives
- Ability to recognize successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event logs and other detailed information - Knowledge of hardware (Routers, CSU/DSU, bridges, multiplexers, servers and switches configuration)
- Previous experience in the monitoring/management of intrusion detection systems and firewall devices, to include: SideWinder, ArcSight, HBSS and/or Tripwire - Experience securing network gear against known vulnerabilities
- Experience and knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense Systems
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
- Unix and/or Microsoft operation system training.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top